1 : 31680
This county boundary of Bedfordshire and Buckinghamshire is depicted as a black dotted line at bottom left. Down the right of the sheet, many triangulation points are marked in red ink. Toll roads are highlighted in yellow, with turnpikes indicated along their routes. A section of the Watling Street, between Dunstable and Little Brickhill, is indicated near the bottom of the sheet. This Roman road ran from London to Wroxeter in Wales, via St. Albans. Symbols distinguish different types land use, while shading is used to indicate relief.
1 : 31680
.Caxton was a parish along the Ermine Street, the Roman road from Chichester in West Sussex to York via Lincoln. The road forms the western boundary of the plan and is highlighted in buff. To the right of this boundary is the market and parish town of St. Neots, situated on the east bank of the navigable River Ouse. Here, a stone bridge, built in 1588 from the ruins of an old abbey, connects Huntingdonshire with Bedfordshire. Along the River Ouse, about a mile north of St Neots and partly in the parish of Little Paxton, are the premises of the St. Neots Paper Mill Company.