This is a map of the six ‘escheated’ counties of Ulster. It dates from 1609 and may be by John Norden, though likely to be based on the barony maps of Josias Bodley and William Parsons. It seems to be intended as a guide to planned plantings. In 1607 the earls of Ulster fled and the counties of Armagh, Cavan, Coleraine, Donegal, Fermanagh and Tyrone were confiscated by the English and the Scots. In 1608-9 the Commons had drafted plans for English and Scottish planting and lands that were to be retained by the Irish.