The description of Romney Marsh, Walland, Marshy, Denge and Gulforde marsh, with the divisions of their waterings, heads, armes, principal sewers and their gutts
This is a map of the Romney Marsh area, dating from around 1590. It shows the network of sewers and waterways in the area and is principally concerned with drainage. The locations of bridges are carefully recorded. The topography of the landscape is depicted with hills, trees, churches, towns, villages and windmills shown pictorially. A small island in the sea records the location where a village once stood. Camber castle is shown and the draughtsman has attempted to indicate the actual architectural features of the castle.