Barford St. John
1 : 31680
.Turnpike roads, shown in yellow, form the boundaries of this part of Oxfordshire around Barford St. John. Mills are depicted along the River Swere, one of which is identified as a paper mill. Just outside Deddington, on the road leading north to Adderbury, is the Pest House, which still stands. On the right of the drawing is the Oxford Canal, completed in 1790 to ferry coal from the north to Oxford.