Maps of Claydon with Clattercot
Scale: 1 : 31680
Description: This part of Warwickshire is dominated by enclosed land, characterised by regular hedgerows and fish ponds for watering stock. A section of the Oxford Canal, between Napton and Croperdy, is depicted in blue along the right side of the sheet. Completed in 1790, the canal was used to ferry coal from the north to Oxford. At top left, forming the boundary of the surveyed area, is the Fosse Way. This Roman road ran from Exeter to Lincoln via Bath, Cirencester and Leicester (where it intersected the Watling Street from London). At lower right, the county border between Warwickshire and Northamptonshire is indicated by a red dotted line.
Contibutor: Stevens, Henry
Share this map
Looking for Google Maps API Alternative ?