Maps of Rushbrooke with Rougham
Scale: 1 : 31680
Description: .Built in 1795 to display the paintings and silverware of the fourth Earl of Bristol, Ickworth House is depicted near the top left of the map along the road leading south-west to Haverhill. The abbey of Bury St Edmunds is indicated by a cross. The abbey, built shortly after the Norman Conquest of 1066, housed a thriving monastic community until its dissolution in 1539. A prison and windmills are noted outside Bury St Edmunds.
Contibutor: Metcalf, Edward B.
Share this map
Looking for Google Maps API Alternative ?